We knew the aging equipment was in need of replacement, but we had hoped it would make it until we were able to fund Phase 2 of our Be the Change Playground Project. Fundraising for this phase - which includes a new, three-bay swingset that will feature two harnessed, accessible swings, four traditional belt swings, and rubberized safety surfacing - is already underway.
Obviously, with this new development, we are hoping to secure the $34,000 needed to build Phase 2 as quickly as possible. There are several ways you can get involved to help us reach this goal:
- Direct Donation. As a 501c3, your donation is tax deductible! You can send a donation electronically through our PayPal account, or send us a check through the mail addressed to: 4 A Better Chandler, c/o Playground Project, 245 Green Valley Drive, Chandler, IN 47610. Don't forget to check with your employer about any kind of matching donation program - you could double your donation!
- Join our Hoopla! Hula Hoop-a-thon. We are holding a FUNdraising Hula Hoop-a-thon on Saturday, June 3 at 10:15 a.m. at the Chandler Town Park. Hoopers of all ages (even adults) are invited to participate, with prizes awarded in three age divisions for the individual who continuously hoops for the longest amount of time. A prize package will also be awarded to the individual who collects the most donations, turned in at the time of registration/check-in on the day of the event. Find details and sign up for your Hoop-a-thon fundraising page here.
- Buy some cinnamon rolls. Back by popular demand, we will be selling pans of homemade cinnamon rolls at the Chandler Town Park on Saturday, June 3 from 7:30 to 11 a.m. Pans of 6-8 rolls will be available for $8 each or $15 for two pans. Pre-orders must be paid for by Tuesday, May 30 to guarantee your pan(s); there will likely be a limited number of extra pans, which will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis during the June 3 pick-up. Check out the event page for reminders and pre-order online here.
- Donate to our Online Charity Auction. If you make something, have a service to provide, or have a unique experience to offer, please consider donating it to be auctioned off. Gift cards, attraction/concert/theater tickets, airline travel or hotel stays, dining experiences (chef's table, dinner party), car detail service, winery tours, birthday party package, or even a used car in good working order that would be suitable for a first-time driver are just a few ideas of things that can be donated - and are tax deductible! All of our donors will be recognized on this website, as well as our Facebook event page; in addition, Curran Miller will be sending out information about our auction to all of its registered users. This is a great opportunity to reach potential customers and give back to the community! Send us an email for more information or to make arrangements for a donation.
- Attend and share our Online Charity Auction with your friends, coworkers, and family members. The Online Charity Auction will begin Monday, June 26 and continue through Tuesday, July 18. It is being hosted by Curran Miller and can be accessed by direct link here. Find a preview of all of the auction items up for grabs by following the event on Facebook. And don't forget to invite everyone you know to come check it out!